The setting for your training at the International Knuckleball Academy is the storied Vero Beach Sports Village in Vero Beach, Florida.
Once known as Dodgertown, for sixty years (1948 to 2008) the all-inclusive site served as the spring training home for the Brooklyn/Los Angeles Dodgers. The facility came into existence thanks to the efforts of innovative Dodgers general manager Branch Rickey, who sought to create a camp at which his players could “eat, sleep and breathe baseball” in an ideal environment as they trained for the upcoming season.
After the Dodgers left Vero Beach for Glendale, Arizona in 2008, operations were turned over to Minor League Baseball, which now operates the facility as a top-notch all sports training site. Baseball-related features include Holman Stadium (the former site of the Dodgers’ spring training games), four lighted fields, one half field, one mini field, eight indoor batting/pitching tunnels, four outdoor batting/pitching tunnels, 32 mounds, a 60-yard agility and warm-up area, two state-of-the-art weight rooms, a training room, and many professional-quality locker rooms.
In addition to the premium baseball-training facilities, you also enjoy access to excellent recreational facilities. These include a lighted basketball court, four lighted tennis courts, a sand volleyball court, and a competition-sized swimming pool.
We give you the big-league treatment throughout your training. You use an extra-large locker in one of the professional-quality locker rooms and are free to enjoy all the amenities of a major league clubhouse, including full-service laundry for your practice gear and access to a professional athletic training staff. Also included are three meals a day in the on-site dining facility, and lodging in the very same hotel-style villas that housed the likes of Jackie Robinson, Duke Snider and Sandy Koufax.
Surrounded by all things baseball and by the rich history of the Dodgers, you will have at your disposal every resource you need to develop as a knuckleball pitcher.
Click here for more information about the Vero Beach Sports Village.
Click here for directions.
- Holman Stadium: 6,500 Seats with AAA/AA Musco Lighting
- One Full Field, two with AAA/AA Musco Lighting
- One Half Field
- Mini Field for bunting practice
- One 100 yard x 150 yard Multi-Sport Field to cater to soccer, lacrosse, football and rugby
- Four Softball/Youth Baseball Fields
- Eight Indoor, Lighted Batting and Pitching Tunnels (equipped for live pitching or with Pitching Machines)
- Four Outdoor Batting Tunnels with Pitching Machines
- 32 Mounds/Home Plates for individual practice throughout the complex
- 60-yard Agility and Warm-Up Area
- State-of-the-art Major League Weight Room
- Major League Training Room and Hydrotherapy Area
- Major League Locker Room
- Minor League Weight Room
- Minor League Locker Rooms
- Outdoor Lighted Basketball Court
- Four Lighted Tennis Courts
- Sand Volleyball Court
- Competition-Sized Swimming Pool
- 88 Hotel-Style Villas (including ten Suites and two Pool-Side Cabanas)
- On-Site Dining Facility (full-service or cafeteria style; customized menus available)
- The Stadium Club Lounge for special events
- Barbecue Pit and Country-Western-style Picnic Area for reserved, catered functions
- Laundry Room and Full-Service Business Center available to guests and their families
- Over 14,000 square feet of meeting space
- 20 Meeting Rooms ranging in size from 200 to nearly 3000 square feet
- Free in-room Internet access
- Professional Conference Planning and Services staff