"I never thought the knuckleball would be a tool to get to the Major Leagues...."
—longtime Red Sox knuckleball pitcher Tim Wakefield
LATEST IKA NEWS (3/14/17)
A new knuckleball catcher for R.A. Dickey says he’s okay with looking “bad” because of the knuckleball. “I’ve been embarrassed enough in my career, so this isn’t going to be any different. I’ve had to go get plenty of balls at the backstop, so I don’t have any issue with looking bad here and there.” [CLICK HERE FOR STORY]
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU
- With a nasty knuckleball in your repertoire, you can make it to the next level of your career and beyond.
- You don’t have to throw 90-plus miles per hour to consistently dominate hitters. Mastering the knuckleball is all about practice and deep focus.
- Mastering the knuckleball can give you a longevity that conventional pitchers only dream of. Phil Niekro pitched for 23 seasons, Charlie Hough for 24.
- You don’t even have to start out as a pitcher. Tim Wakefield was a first baseman in the minors. Charlie Hough grew up dreaming of a career as a Major League third baseman.
- The International Knuckleball Academy is the first and only baseball training academy devoted specifically to developing knuckleball pitchers.
- The IKA will give you the training you need to make your knuckleball a professional-quality pitch.
- After completing our two-week Development Session, you may qualify for a scholarship in our Year-long Program. Once you join the Year-long Program, the IKA will go all out to foster your continued development as a knuckleball pitcher.
- If you are interested in IKA’s programs, please send us your email address using the SIGN UP FOR MORE INFO field below so that we may send you news and updates of our plans.
- SEE MORE